Considering an outstream campaign? Find out what different outstream video ad formats you can choose from, and how we can help you.
An ‘outstream’ video ad unit, also commonly referred to as ‘in-read’ or ‘native video’, is a new video advertising unit that auto plays in a large format player whenever a user navigates to it within text content (typically an article), even if the publisher doesn’t have their own video content.
It’s called outstream because the video ad exists outside of online video content – also known as instream video content — where the ad plays either before (pre-roll), during (mid-roll), or after (post-roll) the publisher’s video content.
Outstream video ad formats
- lOutstream in-article
- Vertical video
- In-feed video
- Slider video
- In-banner video
Why choose Crimtan for your outstream campaigns?
- Our lifecycle marketing product in conjunction with outstream video ads helps to amplify our clients’ campaigns and increase engagement.
- Our DCO, combined with full creative studio offering, takes our clients’ video creative to a whole new level.
- Our relationships with premium publishers enables us to deliver outstream ads on premium publishers in market.
- Our bespoke outstream private marketplace deals combined with first party data enables us to deliver the best personalised ads to your consumers.
- Benefit from our cross device capabilities and a single reporting dashboard.
- We’re Brand Safe and IAB Gold Standard accredited.
The benefits of outstream
- Longer viewing times– On average users view 25% longer video content compared to instream.
- Viewability– As outstream ads can appear anywhere on site even if there are no video ad units, they are capable of delivering high viewability %.
- Less fraud– Some outstream ad units only launch when the user initiates an action. These actions are hard for bots to fake.
- Cost effectiveness– Cheaper video experience compared to other video formats.
- Increased awareness– outstream ads generate 10% in brand awareness compared to other video ad formats.
Get in touch to find out more about how we can help you with your outstream video campaigns.